USFS: Fernview Group Campground
4431 Highway 20, Sweet Home Oregon
11 campsite group campground located on the South Santiam River.
Linn County Parks & Campgrounds Seasonal Closures(Updated 1/29/21)
The Following Campgrounds & Parks are Closed for the Season:
- Sunnyside County Park, Campground Closed, Day use / Boat ramp open
- Cascadia State Park, (Campground Closed for Season)
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park (day Use-Closed for the Season) ,
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- River Bend County Park & Campground, (Winter Sites only 11/1/2020)
- River Bend E,F & G Loops close 11/1/2020
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon, (A-loop closes 11/1/2020)
- Clear Lake Resort (Open seasonal Lodge hours) .
Fernview Campground on the Willamette National Forest opens 5/22/2020
Campers, please be aware Fernview Campground on the Sweet Home District of the Willamette National Forest opens 5/22/2020.
Campers with reservations at Fernview Campground should be able to move into their reserved campsites beginning Friday the 22nd
. Campers are reminded that they need to adhere to CDC and Oregon State COVID-19 guidelines, which include:
- Physical distancing of 6 feet, between people
- No group gathering of greater than 10, people
- Wearing protective masks when approaching other member of the public and staff
- Bring your own soap and sanitizer for your personnel use. Soap and sanitizer may not be available in the campground
Visitors should also be aware that although LCPR Staff will be cleaning restrooms, they cannot be kept completely cleaned and sanitized at all times. Public facilities are only as clean as the last person who used them. Please make sure to wash and/or sanitize your hands after using any public buildings or structures while visiting.
Let us know if you have questions. We can we contacted email@example.com
or visit our website at www.linnparks.com
Thank you for choosing to come camping with us! We hope you have a wonderful and safe camping trip.
Park Location – US Hwy. 20 on the Willamette National Forest, east of Sweet Home, Oregon
Park Usage – May through the third weekend in September
About the Park
Fernview Group Campground will open Friday, May 8th, 2020
The Fernview Group Site is about 20 miles from Sweet Home on Highway 20 at an elevation of 1,360 feet. Fernview is a small group area perched on a bench above the South Santiam River. The Rooster Rock Trail is across the highway from the group site and numerous other trails and lakes are within a short drive. Fernview has 11 sites, some suitable for RV’s. One Hand pump provides water and there is a newer single CXT toilet on site. River access can be difficult from the campground but is nearby via a short walk or drive. The Fernview Group Area was originally a campground that has been converted to a group site.
Fernview Group Site is close to the Menagerie Wilderness with Trout Creek and the Rooster Rock Trails accessing Rooster Rock within the wilderness. Numerous lakes and trails are within a 45-minute drive of the site. The Santiam Wagon Road is ten minutes from the site and provides over 20 miles of hiking, biking, and horse riding opportunities. Iron Mountain is located ten miles east and known to have over 300 species of wildflowers growing on its flanks. Early July is the best time for viewing wildflowers. Crescent Mountain, House Rock Falls, Browder Ridge, and the Middle Santiam Wilderness are nearby and provide excellent hiking opportunities.
Below are the details on the individual sites within the group site; every site has a picnic table and fire pit/grill. There is a parking area adjacent to the bathroom that can also be used for RV parking; this area is suitable for 1 large or 2 small RV’s, maximum 2 RV’s.
Source: US Forest Service
Rates & Reservations:
First-come, first-serve or reserve the whole park for your group event.
$150 per night to reserve the whole park for your family reunion or group get together.
Site fee $18 campsites, Extra Vehicle $7
Maximum trailer length 22 feet
11 sites, 2 of which are tent only
For group camping reservations (reserving the whole park)
To make a reservation by phone, call 877-444-6777
Please have the following information available at the time of the call:
- Contact information (name, address, phone & email
- Name of campground
- Campsite or cabin type and # (if available)
- Dates of stay
- # of people and pets
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard & Debit)