Limited Vehicle Access to Cabins (Sep. 27th-Oct 21). PLEASE READLinn County Parks will be making repairs to the gravel road that runs in front of and around the cabins at Clear lake. This roadwork will cause closures or delays of the cabin loop road. Please be patient as we make these much-needed repairs.
- September 27th - October 1st: Temporary cabin road closures between 9am & 4pm.
- October 4th – October 8th: Temporary cabin road closures between 9am & 4pm.
- October 11th – October 14th: Cabin road will be closed between 7am & 4pm. During these hours cabin guests must move/park their vehicle(s) at the parking lot in front of the lodge.
- October 18th – October 21st: Cabin road will be closed between 7am & 4pm. During these hours cabin guests must move/park their vehicle(s) at the parking lot in front of the lodge.
If you are planning to visit Clear Lake Resort or any other Linn County Park between August & December of 2021, please be aware of the following: The Oregon Department of Transportation will be making repairs to U.S. Hwy 20 West of Tombstone Pass. Please see the photo information below or click here for Detour Map during Closure.
Campfire Restrictions have ended at all campgrounds managed by Linn County Parks including: Cascadia State Park, Edgewater, John Neal, River Bend, Roaring River, Sunnyside, Waterloo, Whitcomb, and Quartzville. This includes the allowing of; fires in designated fire rings, charcoal briquets and pellet grills. As always please have a bucket of water nearby and never leave a fire unattended. PLEASE NOTE: As of 9/25/2021 the US Forest Service will be allowing campfires at: Clear Lake, Fernview, House Rock, Longbow, Lost Prairie, Trout Creek, and Yukwah. Thank you for your cooperation.
Boaters visiting Green Peter Reservoir should be aware that the Thistle Creek Boat Ramp is the only open boat ramp allowing access to the reservoir. Due to low water levels the Whitcomb Creek Boat ramp is closed and the Thistle Creek boarding floats are out of the water. In addition, the Rumbaugh Creek floating restroom on Green Peter has been relocated to the Quartzville Creek arm of the reservoir, due to the low water level. We have received many questions about why the Green Peter Reservoir water level is so low this year. What we learned from US Army Corps of Engineers, the controlling federal agency, is that Green Peter is a rain driven, rather than a snow driven system and because of the spring and summer drought conditions this year the reservoir did not fill and is falling quickly. (Photo 7/11/2021)
Click here for the latest Green Peter Reservoir Level:
The Following Campgrounds & Parks will Open for the Season:
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Opens on 5/21/21 for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park, (Campground Opens on (5/28/21) for Season)
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.(Campground Opens on 4/16/2021 for Season)
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- Cascadia State Park
- Sunnyside County Park
- River Bend County Park & Campground,
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon,
- Clear Lake Resort (Open) Lodge hours 7:am -4pm ,
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground.
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Opens on 5/7/21 for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Opens on 5/7/21 for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Opens on 5/14/21 for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Opens on 5/7/21 for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Opens on 5/7/21 for Season)
Linn County Parks Reservation Cancellation/Change fees have changed
As of 7/1/2020
- Reservation Change fee $12.00
- Cancellation of 4 nights or less nights fee......first nights camping fee.
- Cancellation of 5 or more nights fee......ALL camping fees.
- Cabins will be sanitized after each visitors stay and before the next visitors use.
- Showers and public restrooms are sanitized twice per day. (Please bring your own soap, sanitizer and disinfectant for your safety).
- Row boats and kayaks will only be available for 1/2 day or all day rentals.
- Picnic Shelter is closed.
- Mask is required inside Lodge.
- Please stay 6' apart at all times; physical distancing is necessary for us to keep the resort open.
- Wash or sanitize your hands after using any public facility or equipment in the park
- Be thoughtful of others on trails, boat ramps, and parking lots.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (ACOE) has closed boat-in campsites on the banks of Green Peter Reservoir except at the Upper Whitcomb Boat-in Camp Area managed by Linn County Parks. Boat-in camping is not permitted anywhere else along the shoreline of Green Peter Reservoir. Anyone camping on the shoreline/banks of the Reservoir will be required to vacate the area. Boater may also stay overnight on your boats on the water in accordance with Oregon State regulations. Please contact the Oregon State Marine Board for further details and requirements for staying overnight onboard your boat. If you are planning to stay the night onboard your boat on Green Peter or at the Upper Whitcomb Creek Boat-in Camp Area, you may park your vehicle and boat trailer overnight in the boat ramp parking area at Whitcomb Creek County Park. You will need to pay a $7.00 overnight parking fee at the Whitcomb Creek Campground fee station and put the corresponding fee envelop stub on the dashboard of the vehicle which is being parked overnight in the boat ramp parking area.
Volunteer Camp Hosts Needed. Linn County Parks Department is seeking enthusiastic people to live in a variety of our parks to help with customer service, general campground work, and park security. Camp Hosts live in the parks as a condition of the position. The Camp Host application can be found here: Volunteer Camp Host Application. Please mail to: 3010 Ferry Street SW, Albany, Oregon 97322. Applications are also accepted be email or fax. Email: email@example.com, Fax: (541) 924-6915. They perform the following services for the Parks Department: Volunteer Camp Host Description - Sunnyside County Park, Waterloo County Park, River Bend County Park, John Neal County Park, & Whitcomb Creek County Park.