USFS: Trout Creek Campground
Trout Creek Campground, Santiam Hwy, Cascadia, OR 97329
US Forest Service campground managed by Linn County.
Linn County Parks & Campgrounds Seasonal Closures(Updated 1/29/21)
The Following Campgrounds & Parks are Closed for the Season:
- Sunnyside County Park, Campground Closed, Day use / Boat ramp open
- Cascadia State Park, (Campground Closed for Season)
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park (day Use-Closed for the Season) ,
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- River Bend County Park & Campground, (Winter Sites only 11/1/2020)
- River Bend E,F & G Loops close 11/1/2020
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon, (A-loop closes 11/1/2020)
- Clear Lake Resort (Open seasonal Lodge hours) .
Willamette National Forest- Trout Creek Campground Opens 5/22/2020
Campers, please be aware Trout Creek Campground on the Sweet Home District of the Willamette National Forest opens 5/22/2020.
Campers with reservations at Trout campground listed above should be able to move into their reserved campsites beginning Friday the 22nd
. Campers are reminded that they need to adhere to CDC and Oregon State COVID-19 guidelines, which include:
- Physical distancing of 6 feet, between people
- No group gathering of greater than 10, people
- Wearing protective masks when approaching other member of the public and staff
- Bring your own soap and sanitizer for your personnel use. Soap and sanitizer may not be available in the campground
Visitors should also be aware that although LCPR Staff will be cleaning restrooms, they cannot be kept completely cleaned and sanitized at all times. Public facilities are only as clean as the last person who used them. Please make sure to wash and/or sanitize your hands after using any public buildings or structures while visiting.
Let us know if you have questions. We can we contacted email@example.com
or visit our website at www.linnparks.com
Thanks you for choosing to come camping with us! We hope you have a wonderful and safe camping trip.
Park Location – From Sweet Home, OR, follow Highway 20 east for 19 miles and look for signs for the Trout Creek Campground.
Park Usage – May through the third weekend in September
About the Park
Trout Creek Campground will close Sunday September 22nd, 2019
Trout Creek Campground is a fun, family campground situated along the South Santiam River, 20 miles east of the town of Sweet Home, Oregon. Many sites are right on the river, tucked under the cool shade of Douglas-fir and Hemlock trees. The campground was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in the 1930s and includes a welcoming day use shelter with a fireplace and five pull-through RV parking loops and a mix of standard parking spurs. Plenty of river activities and hiking opportunities await.
Camping: May 5th, 2018 to September 25th, 2018
Description: 1200-foot elevation. 23 campsites on the South Santiam River.
Visitors can enjoy a brisk swimming in the South Santiam River or if you are looking for a hike the Rooster Rock Trailhead is just across the road. This 3.3 (one way) mile trail provides access to Rooster Rock, a stone pinnacle in the Menagerie Wilderness popular among rock climbers (rated 5.4). additional nearby pinnacles are rated up to 5.9.
Camping & Vehicle Fees:
$18 camping + $7 each additional vehicle
Types of camping available: Tent, auto, or RV site (no hookups available)
Maximum trailer length: 24 feet for 16 sites; 8 sites can accommodate RV’s up to 32 feet
24 Campsites, 4 of which are smaller, better for tents
To make a reservation by phone call: 877-444-6777
Please have the following information available at the time of the call:
- Contact information (name, address, phone & email)
- Name of campground
- Campsite or cabin type and # (if available)
- Dates of stay
- # of people and pets
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard & Debit)
Camping, Group Shelters, Drinking Water, Restrooms, Swimming, Fishing, Hiking