Waterloo County Park
39510 Gross St, Waterloo, OR 97355
Family-fun park with campground and plenty of activities!
Linn County Parks & Campgrounds Seasonal Closures(Updated 10/26/20)
The Following Campgrounds & Parks are Closed for the Season:
- Sunnyside County Park, Campground Closed, Day use / Boat ramp open
- Cascadia State Park, (Campground Closed for Season)
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park (day Use-Closed for the Season) ,
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- River Bend County Park & Campground, (Winter Sites only 11/1/2020)
- River Bend E,F & G Loops close 11/1/2020
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon, (A-loop closes 11/1/2020)
- Clear Lake Resort (Open seasonal Lodge hours) .
Waterloo Campground COVID-19 Operations
Waterloo County Park COVID-19 Operations - Closing dates:
- Public showers are open for limited hours and cleaned twice a day.
- Firewood sales maybe limited.
- Boat ramps are open.
- Group shelters open with limitations. Contact the Linn County Parks office for details at: email@example.com.
- Limit of eight people per camp site.
- Playground is under construction.
- Restrooms will be open and are cleaned and disinfected twice a day. (Please Bring your own soap, sanitizer and disinfectant for your safety.)
- Please stay 6' apart at all times; physical distancing is necessary for us to keep the campground open.
- Wear facial coverings when you interact with others.
- Be thoughtful of others on trails, boat ramps, and parking lots.
Become a Volunteer Camp Host
Volunteer Camp Hosts Needed.
Linn County Parks Department is seeking enthusiastic people to live in a variety of our parks to help with customer service, general campground work, and park security.
Camp Hosts live in the parks as a condition of the position. The Camp Host application can be found here:
Volunteer Camp Host Application.
Please mail to: 3010 Ferry Street SW, Albany, Oregon 97322. Applications are also accepted be email or fax. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: (541) 924-6915.
They perform the following services for the Parks Department:
Volunteer Camp Host Description
- Sunnyside County Park, Waterloo County Park, River Bend County Park, John Neal County Park, & Whitcomb Creek County Park.
Park Location – Located five miles east of Lebanon off Highway 20.
Park Usage – Camping, fishing, hiking, and swmming.
About the Park
The town of Waterloo plays host to this 128-acre park located on the banks of the South Santiam River. This beautiful park provides families with a great opportunity to fish, hike, swim and relax within its shady confines. Enjoy year-round camping, fishing, hiking, and picnicking in the fresh and beautiful landscape of Waterloo County Park.
Please note if you are trying to reserve with in 4 days of your arrival the map will show all campsites not available.
Camping & Vehicle Fees
- Basic Campsite (water/electric): 100 sites | $30/night | $7/night senior discount
- Basic Campsite (no water/electric): 20 sites | $26/night | $5/night senior discount
- Reservations will be charged a $12 non-refundable reservation fee per site
- Extra vehicle fee $7.00/ night. Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- 109 Campsites are reservable
- 11 Campsites are first-come, first-serve (B-loop)
- Fees are based on up to 8 guests per site
- 3-night minimum for Memorial Day & Labor Day holidays
- 2-night minimum for any weekend and for the 4th of July holiday
Change & Cancellation Fees
- Changes to your reservation will incur a $12.00 change fee per site.
- Cancellations will be charged a $12 cancellation fee, plus the first night.
- Cancellations must be made at least 4 days prior to your arrival.
- Please be aware that you will forfeit your first nights camping fee, if you move from your reserved campsite to a first come, first serve campsite.
Check In times
- Check in: Check in is anytime after 2:00 p.m.
- Check out time: Check out time is 12:00 p.m.
Have your wedding or family reunion on the beautiful grounds of Waterloo County Park. There are three covered shelters and one picnic area to choose from. Shelters include electricity and water. The large gazebo has a $200.00 non-refundable reservation fee. Shelters #3 & #4 have a $150.00 non-refundable reservation fee. The non-sheltered picnic area has a $100.00 non-refundable reservation fee.
Please be aware Linn County Parks does not allow any live bands, amplified music or karaoke machines at any of our facilities. Reservations for the shelters can be made up to four days prior to your event. Call our office to make your reservations. Please note that a special-use permit request form is required with all shelter reservations. You will be required provide insurance for dunk tanks, bounce castles and inflatable slides.
- RV Hookups
- Boat Ramp
- Dog Park
- Dump Station
- Group Shelters
- Drinking Water
- Disc Golf
Starting in the Cascade Mountains, the South Santiam River offers Chinook salmon and summer steelhead. Spring Chinook are in the river from late April through early July, peaking in May.
For avid fisherman, Waterloo County Park offers two boat ramps — one above the falls and one below the falls. Come for both the spring and fall Salmon runs and discover why the South Santiam is such a great fishing spot.
Waterloo County Park has special area where your dogs can play and exercise off-leash. Here, your pet is free to run, roll over, meet new friends, work out, and play. This area is fully fenced in and is large enough for your dog to play a great game of fetch. There are concrete block walls, jumps and trees for your dogs enjoyment.
Dog waste bags and garbage cans are provided to help keep the facility clean and safe for everyone.
Waterloo County Park has an 18 basket disc golf that will challenge even the most expert disc golfer. The course was designed by local disc golf enthusiasts and draws disc golfers from all over the State of Oregon. The course runs along the southern half of the parks an includes both open grassy fairways and difficult forested holes.
Larwood and Shimanek Covered Bridges Oregon has more covered bridges than any other state west of the Mississippi. Many of the covered bridges are concentrated in the Sweet Home area. For more information about all the covered bridges in Linn County go to: Covered Bridges of Oregon.
Linn County’s 66-mile Oregon Scenic Byway. This picturesque route travels from the rich farmland of the Willamette Valley, along and across the Calapooia and South Santiam rivers into the thick forests of the Cascade Mountains. For more information on this historic journey contact U.S. Forest Service in Sweet Home or go to: Sweet Home Chamber of Commerce.
Lebanon, Oregon’s Annual Strawberry Festival has the world’s largest strawberry cake, parade and carnival every year. The Lebanon Strawberry Festival began in 1909 as a salute to abundant berry fields in the Mid-Willamette Valley. Usually held in late May and early June, join Lebanon and the surround area in celebrating nearly 100 years of strawberries. For more information about the festival please go to: Lebanon Strawberry Festival