USFS: Yukwah Campground
US Forest Service campground managed by Linn County Parks & Recreation
Linn County Parks & Campgrounds Seasonal Closures(Updated 1/29/21)
The Following Campgrounds & Parks are Closed for the Season:
- Sunnyside County Park, Campground Closed, Day use / Boat ramp open
- Cascadia State Park, (Campground Closed for Season)
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park (day Use-Closed for the Season) ,
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- River Bend County Park & Campground, (Winter Sites only 11/1/2020)
- River Bend E,F & G Loops close 11/1/2020
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon, (A-loop closes 11/1/2020)
- Clear Lake Resort (Open seasonal Lodge hours) .
Yukwah Campground on the Willamette National Forest opens 5/22/2020.
Campers, please be aware Yukwah Campground on the Sweet Home District of the Willamette National Forest opens 5/22/2020.
Campers with reservations at Yukwah campground should be able to move into their reserved campsites beginning Friday the 22nd
. Campers are reminded that they need to adhere to CDC and Oregon State COVID-19 guidelines, which include:
- Physical distancing of 6 feet, between people
- No group gathering of greater than 10, people
- Wearing protective masks when approaching other member of the public and staff
- Bring your own soap and sanitizer for your personnel use. Soap and sanitizer may not be available in the campground
Visitors should also be aware that although LCPR Staff will be cleaning restrooms, they cannot be kept completely cleaned and sanitized at all times. Public facilities are only as clean as the last person who used them. Please make sure to wash and/or sanitize your hands after using any public buildings or structures while visiting.
Let us know if you have questions. We can we contacted firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit our website at www.linnparks.com
Thank you for choosing to come camping with us! We hope you have a wonderful and safe camping trip.
Park Location – From Sweet Home, OR, follow Highway 20 east for 21 miles and look for signs for Yukwah Campground.
Park Usage – May through the third weekend in September
About the Park
Yukwah Campground will open Friday, May 8th, 2020
Yukwah Campground is a nice, family campground situated along the South Santiam River, 21 miles east of the town of Sweet Home, Oregon. 13 of the 20 sites are right on the river, tucked under the cool shade of Douglas fir and hemlock trees. Two double sites are perfect for the bigger group or family. The campground was built by the Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) in the 1930s and includes a welcoming day-use shelter with a fireplace and five pull-through RV parking loops and a mix of standard parking spurs. Yukwah is a smaller campground with a variety of sites to accommodate different uses, with group sites, sites for trailers and sites for tents. Drinking water is from two hand pump wells. Parking spurs are gravel and roads are paved. Vault toilets and garbage cans are spread out in convenient locations in the campground.
Plenty of river activities and hiking opportunities await. Enjoy fishing and swimming in the beautiful South Santiam River or hiking the accessible Yukwah Nature Trail that winds through the campground, and lingering at the picnic area. Hike or bike the Santiam Wagon Road (now a trail), a historic trail used to transport livestock east across the Cascade Mountains to central Oregon’s grasslands. Iron Mountain, Gordon Meadows, and Echo Basin are nearby hiking areas well known for their colorful wildflowers.
Source: US Forest Service
Camping Season: May 6th, 2016 to September 25th, 2016
Description: 1250-foot elevation. 20 campsites on the South Santiam River. Swimming in the beautiful S. Santiam River. ADA – accessible nature trail winds through the campground, and the picnic area and viewing platform (on the river) are also wheelchair-accessible.
A 0.3 mile trail that is surfaced with compacted gravel and parallels the South Santiam River within Yukwah Campground. This trail has a 36-inch tread width and grades of less than 5 percent. The trail offers access to six pull offs and two ADA accessible platforms for viewing the river. Yukwah Campground offers ADA accessible campsites with compacted gravel surfaces, a day-use picnic site, and fully accessible restrooms. A number of sites are large enough to accommodate RVs. Two other river platforms are located within two miles of Yukwah campground and have asphalt parking lots and compacted gravel trails.
Camping Fees & Reservations: Reservations are now accepted.
- Camping Fee: $18/night
- $7/night extra vehicle
- 20 Campsites, 1 of which is a double site
- 32-foot maximum RV length
- 14 day limit
- Multiple site has 2 tables, grill and fire ring
To make a reservation by phone, call 877-444-6777
Please have the following information available at the time of the call:
- Contact information (name, address, phone & email)
- Name of campground
- Campsite or cabin type and # (if available)
- Dates of stay
- # of people and pets
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard & Debit)
- Access to the South Santiam River
- ADA fishing deck
- Vault Restrooms
- Drinking Water