Cabins, Camping, Group Camping, Showers, Picnicking, Group Shelters, Playground, Restrooms, RV Hookups, Drinking Water, Dump Station, Swimming
Park Location – Located off Highway 20 near Foster and Sweet Home.
Park Usage – Open Year-Round
Located on the banks of the upper South Santiam River, River Bend is the newest addition to the Linn County Parks System. This 90-acre park offers a full range of outdoor recreation opportunities including trails, river access, camping, day-use and group facilities. With a total of 85 campsites, River Bend is perfect for quiet getaways.
As of November 17th, 2017 River Bend County Park has been officially winterized. The following sites will have the water on: 2C, 3C, 4C, 5C, 6C, 7C, 8C, 9C, 6D, 8D. Campsites 5B & 6B will have the water on, but are used on a first come, first serve basis for a drop in at the park. All other sites will have power, but the water has been turned off/winterized. The River Bend cabins are available for winter rentals. The E, F and G-loops are closed until March of 2018.
- Changes to your reservation may incur a $5.00 change fee per site.
- 85 total Campsites with 13 first come, first serve campsites. One reservable group camp that consists of 6 water/electric campsites with a group meeting area.
- Cabins sleep six and come with small fridge, microwave, power, picnic table, fire ring, covered patio, outdoor barbecue and water spigot. Nightly rate of $65.00. Call for more information.
- Sites that have not been reserved will be first-come, first-serve.
- 8 guest maximum per site.
- 3-night minimum for Memorial Day & Labor Day holidays.
- 2-night minimum for any weekend and for the 4th of July holiday.
- Reservations will be charged a $12 non-refundable reservation fee per site.
- Please be aware that you will forfeit your first nights camping fee, if you move from your reserved campsite to a first come, first serve campsite.
- Group camp reservation fee will be charged a $50 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Cancellations will be charged a $12 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Cancellations must be made at least 4 days prior to your arrival or forfeit first nights camping fee.
- Extra vehicle fee of $7.00 per night. Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- NO PETS ALLOWED IN THE CABINS
Types of Campsites
- Basic Campsite (water/electric) | 74 sites | $31/night | $7/night senior discount
- Basic Campsite (no hookups) | 10 sites | $25/night | $5/night senior discount
- Basic Cabin (no running water in cabin) | 5 cabins | $65/night | no senior discounts
- Check in: Check in is anytime after 2:00 p.m.
- Check out time: Check out time is 12:00 p.m.
All reservations can be made up to a year in advance, but no later than four days prior to your desired arrival date. Whether you call or go online, you may make a reservations 4 days to one year in advance of your first night’s stay. Online reservation can be made up to a year in advance to your desired arrival date.
River Bend currently has three cabins. There will be five cabins total, but two have not yet been constructed. We currently have Cabin #1, Cabin #4, and Cabin #5. Cabin #4 is closest to the parking lot and is ADA accessible.
Cabin rentals are $65 per night, plus a $12.00 reservation fee. All cabin rentals must be made by reservation only. These reservations are available online, or thru the Parks office. Please contact the Parks office if it is within four days of your anticipated arrival date. Reservations within four days of the arrival date are allowed on a case by case basis, only, requiring prior approval, due to the cleaning and maintenance needs of the cabins. These rentals must be made thru the Parks office, so are only available Monday thru Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
First come, first serve rentals of the cabins are not available, and the cabins cannot be reserved in the park.
Cabin rentals from Memorial Day to Labor Day require a minimum two-night reservation. Off-season rentals may be for one night, only.
No pets allowed in or around cabin area.
Renters will need to bring the following for all cabins:
- Complete bedding with pillow, sheets, blankets and/or sleeping bags
- Complete cooking & eating utensils and supplies (including dishes, pots, pans, etc), dish soap, dish cloths & towels
- Food & beverages
- Lawn chairs (if desired)
- Firewood (Also available for purchase in park
Cabins do not include running water or a restroom. There is a restroom facility very near the cabins, and a restroom/shower facility within walking distance, or with very close vehicle accessibility, for those with limited mobility.
Cabins include one double bed, and one bunk bed. Each bunk is a twin size bed. Each cabin also includes a futon couch.
There is an electric heater with fan in every cabin.
The cabin measurements are 16′ x 22′.
River Bend County Park is open for limited use year-round.
The E, F and G-Loops are closed for the winter season at the end of October, and open in the Spring at Spring Break.
The A, B, C and D-Loops remain open year-round. Many of the sites are winterized, with the water shut off, in case of freezing temperatures, but all of those sites do still have power available. A limited number of sites are left open during the winter with the water still accessible at the site. These sites are C-3 thru C-9, D-1, D-6 and D-8. The winterization of the sites is dependent on the weather conditions, but in general will occur around the end of October. These sites are generally opened up around the beginning of March.
Our cabins are open for year-round use and make a wonderful winter getaway.
We also have an enclosed shelter with a fireplace for cozy family gatherings during cold, wet weather.