- Camping, Yurts, Boat Ramp, Picnicking, Vault Restrooms, Hiking, Drinking-Water, Fishing, Water Sports, Swimming
Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground
Hundreds of acres of tranquil Pacific Northwest forest and water-sports fun at the Green Peter Reservoir.
Park Location – Located on Green Peter Reservoir near Sweet Home, 12 miles from the intersection of Hwy. 20 & Quartzville Road
Park Usage – Open May to October
Nestled deep within the luxurious forested setting of Green Peter Reservoir is beautiful Whitcomb Creek County Park. This 328-acre primitive county park is perfect for enjoying spectacular mountain views, bird-watching, sailing, fishing, hiking, camping, and water sports.
Whitcomb Creek County Campground is currently open for the 2023 camping season. Potable water is not available at this time; please plan accordingly.
The Boat Ramp at Whitcomb Creek County Park is open and launchable.
Camping Fees and Maps
Check-in: after 2:00 p.m. | Check out: before 12:00 p.m.
- 3-night minimum for Memorial Day & Labor Day holidays.
- 2-night minimum for any weekend and for the 4th of July holiday.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours PRIOR to arrival.
- Campsites can be reserved up to one year from arrival date.
Reservations will be charged a $12 non-refundable reservation fee per site.
- Non-hookup site: $25/night | 8 people/ 1 RV/ 2 tents
- Double Pull through site: $50/night | 16 people/ 2 RVs/ 2 tents | D1, D2, D3, D4
- Yurts (20′) Standard: $70/night
- Yurts (20′) Premium: $80/night
- Extra vehicle: $7/night | Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- Upper Whitcomb Boat-In Camping: $15.00/night (No Additional Discounts allowed)
Rocky Top Group Camp
You must contact the Linn County Parks office to reserve this group area at (541)967-3917. Online reservations are not available.
Rocky Top Group Camp
Moose Creek day-use area now named Rocky Top Group Camp is a great place to enjoy large family camping near Green Peter. This group camp holds up to 100 people, has a vault toilet facility, 10 picnic tables and a fire ring. There is lots of space to park trailers and motor homes in the gravel parking area or place tents around the gravel lot.
- $250/night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee
The Whitcomb Creek boat ramp is located on Green Peter Reservoir within one mile of the Whitcomb Creek campground. Bring your water-sports boat, fishing boat or your jet skis and enjoy the beautiful waters of Green Peter Reservoir.
Whitcomb Creek Boat Ramp:
The toe (bottom) of the Whitcomb ramp is at Elevation 970’. Boaters needs about two feet of water above the toe to use the boat ramp, so the accessible elevation for the Whitcomb Ramp is 972”. Boarding Floats (docks) are out of the water at elevation 980’. When the reservoir elevation drops below elevation 972′ the only accessible boat ramp on Green Peter Reservoir is the Thistle Creek Boat Ramp.
Boat Ramp only open when park open.
Current Green Peter Reservoir Level:
The city of Sweet Home is located on the southeastern edge of the beautiful Willamette Valley and lies nestled in the foothills of the Cascade Mountain Range not far from the scenic Oregon Coast. It is recognized as the “Gateway to the Santiam Playground” recreational area. For more information go to Sweet Home Chamber of Commerce.
The Oregon Jamboree located in Sweet Home is the Northwest’s Premier Country Music and Camping Festival. The Jamboree offers an intimate concert experience. In addition to featured headline entertainment, this family-style event hosts RV and tent camping, food booths, beer & wine gardens, and special displays. Founded in 1992, The Jamboree is produced by the nonprofit Sweet Home Economic Development Group. Over 400 festival volunteers contribute their efforts to ensure a safe and fun experience for all. For more information go to Oregon Jamboree
Green Peter Reservoir spans over 3720 acres of water and camping recreation. It is operated by the Corps of Engineers and is only nine miles up Quartzville Road from the Sunnyside County Park. For further information about Foster and Green Peter Reservoirs, you can call our office at (541) 967-3917.
Larwood and Shimanek Covered Bridges Oregon has more covered bridges than any other state west of the Mississippi. Many of the covered bridges are concentrated in the Sweet Home area. For more information about all the covered bridges in Linn County go to Covered Bridges of Oregon.
The Sportsman’s Holiday and Sweet Home Rodeo, held in July, this popular event features a professional rodeo, grand parade, buckaroo breakfast, music and dancing, an amusement carnival, and fireworks over Foster Lake. If you enjoy rodeo events like bull riding, calf roping, barrel racing and steer wrestling, the Sweet Home Rodeo has them all. For more information about the Sportsman’s Holiday and Rodeo go to Sweet Home Chamber.
The Linn County Historical Museum is located in historic Brownsville, Oregon. Housed in Brownsville’s original railroad depot, the museum holds collections and information representing all of Linn County. The museum also cares for the Moyer House, an elegant home completed in 1881 by pioneering figures of Brownsville. The Linn County Historical Museum and Moyer House are owned by the Linn County Parks & Recreation Department. For more information about the Historical Museum go to the Linn County Historical Museum.
Reservation Changes & Cancellation Policies
Reservation Changes & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation within 14 days of scheduled arrival will be refunded all but reservation fees ($12) and the 1st night camping fee.
- Cancellations of overnight stays made 15 or more days in advance of your scheduled arrival date will be refunded all but the reservation fee ($12).
Reservations of six or more nights:
- Changes to your arrival date will be charged the nightly rate plus a $12 change fee. No refunds will be given and all fees for overnight stays will be retained.
- Early departures: Shortening of the departure date will incur a $12 reservation change fee. The nightly camping fees for the night dropped will be refunded.
- There are no additional fees to extend your arrival or departure date.
Group site cancellation:
- Cancellations made 31 days or more in advance will be refunded all but the $50 reservation fee.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival date will be refunded all but the $50 reservation fee and 1st night camping fee.