USFS: Longbow Organization Camp (Open May – September)
US Forest Service campground managed by Linn County.
Linn County Parks & Campgrounds Seasonal Closures(Updated 10/26/20)
The Following Campgrounds & Parks are Closed for the Season:
- Sunnyside County Park, Campground Closed, Day use / Boat ramp open
- Cascadia State Park, (Campground Closed for Season)
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park (day Use-Closed for the Season) ,
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- River Bend County Park & Campground, (Winter Sites only 11/1/2020)
- River Bend E,F & G Loops close 11/1/2020
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon, (A-loop closes 11/1/2020)
- Clear Lake Resort (Open seasonal Lodge hours) .
Longbow Organizational Camp-Closed Until Further Notice
Longbow Organizational Group Camp on the Sweet Home District of the Willamette National Forest is closed until further notice.
Park Location – From Sweet Home, OR, travel east on Hwy 20 for 17 miles to Road 2032. Follow Road 2032 to Longbow Organization Camp.
Park Usage – May through September
About the Park
This is a Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) historic group camp that was built in the 1930s. The campground is situated on 10 acres and has 6 alpine shelters that sleep a total of approximately 48 people.
There are hiking opportunities nearby, including the old Santiam Wagon Road. A short hike leads to the Historic Walton Ranch site. The historic campground provides a covered cooking area with a fireplace and six log sleeping shelters that face the beautiful South Santiam River. This site is only available for group use.
Camping: May to September
Description: The campground is situated on 10 acres and has 6 alpine shelters that sleep a total of approximately 48 people. All of the shelters are on the river, and no tents or trailers are allowed. There is a covered cook area with fireplace, and an amphitheater that seats 75 people.
Access information to the gate will be provided in the reservation confirmation letter. Due to the nature of the site and the heavy use experienced there, we need your help to keep this area clean. Please clean up before you leave. There is garbage service, and plastic bags are provided if needed. Cooking greases should be placed in a sealed container. Please do not pour grease in any sinks, drains or sumps. It clogs the pipes and ruins the plumbing system.
Camping Season: May through September
- $150/night for up to 50 people
- 6 three sided shelters (sleeps a total of about 48 people)
- Reservations must be made 5 days ahead of arrival
- Reservations can be made up to 9 months in advance
- 14 day limit
- NO RVs permitted
To make a reservation by phone call: 877-444-6777
Please have the following information available at the time of the call:
- Contact information (name, address, phone & email)
- Name of campground
- Campsite or cabin type and # (if available)
- Dates of stay
- # of people and pets
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard & Debit)
- Group Shelters
- Drinking Water
- Group Camping