Camping, Drinking Water, Hiking, Picnicking, Swimming, Fishing, Restrooms
USFS: House Rock Campground
US Forest Service campground managed by Linn County.
The Following Campgrounds & Parks are Closed for the Season:
- Sunnyside County Park, Campground Closed, Day use / Boat ramp open
- Cascadia State Park, (Campground Closed for Season)
- Fernview Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Longbow Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lost Prairie Group Camp (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Trout Creek Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Yukwah Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- House Rock Campground (USFS),(Campground Closed for Season)
- Lewis Creek County Park (day Use-Closed for the Season) ,
- Whitcomb Creek County Park & Campground.
- John Neal Memorial County Park & Campground
The Following Campgrounds are Currently Open:
- River Bend County Park & Campground, (Winter Sites only 11/1/2020)
- River Bend E,F & G Loops close 11/1/2020
- Edgewater RV Park, Foster,
- Waterloo County Park, Lebanon, (A-loop closes 11/1/2020)
- Clear Lake Resort (Open seasonal Lodge hours) .
- Physical distancing of 6 feet, between people
- No group gathering of greater than 10, people
- Wearing protective masks when approaching other member of the public and staff
- Bring your own soap and sanitizer for your personnel use. Soap and sanitizer may not be available in the campground
Park Location – 26 miles east of Sweet Home
Park Usage – May through the third weekend in September
House Rock Campground will open Friday, May 8th, 2020
House Rock Campground is perched on the confluence of Sheep Creek and the South Santiam River in an old-growth forest grove. The campground road and parking spurs are composed of packed dirt and rock. The double-loop area comes with accessible vault toilets and drinking water from hand pumps. Picnic tables, campfire rings, and grills are at each site. The campground host sells firewood.
Campers enjoy hiking the House Rock Trail, which starts at the day-use area. Part of the trail shares paths with the historic Santiam Wagon Road, a trail used to transport livestock east across the Cascade Mountains to central Oregon’s grasslands. In addition to the House Rock Trail, hikers have access to a variety of other trails in the Tombstone Pass Area, like the Iron Mountain Trail. Swimming is popular, especially because many sites have riverfront access to shallow swimming areas. Anglers can cast for native cutthroat trout.
Source: US Forest Service
Camping Season: Open May thru September
Description: 1600-foot elevation. 17 campsites, including 5 tent-only sites located at the confluence of Sheep Creek and the South Santiam River.
Season: Early May through September
Rates & Reservations:
$18/camping + $7 each additional vehicle
22-foot maximum RV length
17 Campsites, 5 of which are tent only
There is limited turn-around space in House Rock. Please no RVs or trailers over a total of 22 feet.
To make a reservation by phone, call 877-444-6777
Please have the following information available at the time of the call:
- Contact information (name, address, phone & email)
- Name of campground
- Campsite or cabin type and # (if available)
- Dates of stay
- # of people and pets
- Method of payment (Visa, Mastercard & Debit)