RV Hookups, Restrooms, Camping, Group Camping, Boat Ramp, Moorage, Dog Park, Fishing, Dump Station, Showers, Group Shelters, Picnicking, Playground, Drinking Water, Volleyball,
Sunnyside County Park
A water-sports dream!
Park Location – Located on the Northeast corner of Foster Reservoir just east of Sweet Home.
Park Usage – A-row is open May to October. B/C-rows are open May to September. Boat ramp & day-use are open Year-Round.
Located on the edge of Foster Reservoir, just east of Sweet Home, Sunnyside is a paradise for anyone who loves water sports. Camping, water skiing, fishing, and jet skiing are just a few of the activities that make this 98-acre park one of the most popular sites in the Willamette Valley.
Sunnyside Campground is open for the 2022 camping season.
Sunnyside B & C loop will close September 26, 2022. A loop will remain open through October, 2022.
- 2-night minimum for all weekends.
- 3-night minimum for holiday weekends.
- Extra vehicle fee of $7.00 per night. Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- Reservations must be made at least 4 DAYS PRIOR to arrival.
- Campsites can be reserved up to one year from arrival date.
A-Row (Reservation Only)
- Reservations will be charged a $12 non-refundable reservation fee per site.
- Single Hook-up site: $35/night | 8 people/ 1 RV/ 2 tents
- Single Non-hookup site: $28/night | 8 people/ 1 RV/ 2 tents
C-Row (First Come/First Serve Sites, C-41 through C-48 and sites C-53 through C-64)
C-Row (Reservation Sites, C-1 through C-40, C-49 through C-52)
- Single Hook-up site: $35/night | 8 people/ 1 RV/ 2 tents
- Double Non-hookup site: $56/night | 16 people/ 2 RVs/ 4 tents
- Triple Non-hookup site: $84/night | 24 people/ 3 RVs/ 6 tents
Sunnyside B-Row Groups
- B-row is split into two groups: sites 1-11 and 12-22.
- Each group has 11 sites, with water and electric hookups.
- 72 people maximum per group (1 RV, 2 tents, and 8 people per site)
- $300/night/per group + $50 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Group camping reservations can be made by calling the office at 541.967.3917.
- The B-row shelter is only allowed to be rented by groups staying in B-row.
[ To reserve a shelter call the Linn County Parks office at 541.967.3917 ]
- $150 non-refundable reservation fee | limit 100 people
- Includes 5 picnic tables, a countertop with sink, electric plug-ins, and 2 stand charcoal barbeques
- $125 non-refundable reservation fee | limit 75 people
- Includes 10 picnic tables centered around a large brick fire ring
- And a kitchenette with power plug-ins and a water spigot
**Please note that a special-use permit form is required if you plan on any large structures such as; bouncy castles, water slides, stages, an event tent, portable toilets, etc in our parks. You will be required to provide insurance for these items.
In addition to the boat ramp, Sunnyside County Park offers boat moorage for campers at $12 per night per vessel.
You can reserve your moorage through our website linnparks.com or by contacting the Linn County Parks Department at (541) 967-3917 during normal business hours.
Two stocked fishing ponds are located between the A-Row and B-Row camping areas. The ponds are easily accessible from the day-use parking lot off of Quartzville Road. The ponds are a great place to relax, kayak, and fish. Smallmouth Bass and Rainbow Trout are just a cast away!
Visit the ODFW website for stocking information. https://myodfw.com/fishing/species/trout/stocking-schedule
Green Peter Reservoir spans over 3,720 acres of water and camping recreation. It is operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers and is only nine miles up Quartzville Road from Sunnyside County Park. For more information about Foster and Green Peter Reservoirs, call our office at (541) 967-3917.
McDowell Creek County Park Waterfall Hiking Trails will reward you with the beautiful vistas of Royal Terrace and Majestic Falls from the bridges and viewing decks along the trails of this lush green park. McDowell Creek County Park Falls has several different levels of hiking, some more strenuous.
Linn County’s 66-mile Oregon Scenic Byway. This picturesque route travels from the rich farmland of the Willamette Valley, along and across the Calapooia and South Santiam rivers into the thick forests of the Cascade Mountains. For more information on this historic journey contact U.S. Forest Service in Sweet Home or go to Sweet Home Chamber of Commerce.
Covered Bridges Tour Oregon has more covered bridges than any other state west of the Mississippi. Many of the covered bridges are concentrated in the Sweet Home area. For more information about all the covered bridges in Linn County go to Covered Bridges of Oregon.
Lewis Creek County Park is located on Foster Reservoir; this 40-acre park is a haven on hot days for swimmers and those who enjoy a relaxing picnic. With boarding floats, moorage, picnic areas, beach area, water skiers and boaters find Lewis Creek to be the ideal spot for a day out on the lake. For more information on the park go to Lewis Creek County Park.
Oregon State Marine Board A resource for Oregon Boaters. Oregon State Marine Board Website
Reservation Changes & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation within 14 days of scheduled arrival will be refunded all but reservation fees ($12) and the 1st night camping fee.
- Cancellations of overnight stays made 15 or more days in advance of your scheduled arrival date will be refunded all but the reservation fee ($12).
Reservations of six or more nights:
- Changes to your arrival date will be charged the nightly rate plus a $12 change fee. No refunds will be given and all fees for overnight stays will be retained.
- Early departures: Shortening of the departure date will incur a $12 reservation change fee. The nightly camping fees for the night dropped will be refunded.
- There are no additional fees to extend your arrival or departure date.
Group site cancellation:
- Cancellations made 31 days or more in advance will be refunded all but the $50 reservation fee.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival date will be refunded all but the $50 reservation fee and 1st night camping fee.