RV Hookups, Restrooms, Camping, Group Camping, Boat Ramp, Moorage, Dog Park, Fishing, Dump Station, Showers, Group Shelters, Picnicking, Playground, Drinking Water
A water-sports dream!
Park Location – Located on the Northeast corner of Foster Reservoir just east of Sweet Home.
Park Usage – May through the last weekend in October. The boat ramp and day use area are open year round.
Located on the edge of Foster Reservoir, just east of Sweet Home, Sunnyside is a paradise for anyone who loves water sports. Camping, water skiing, fishing, and jet skiing are just a few of the activities that make this 98-acre park one of the most popular sites in the Willamette Valley.
- Changes to your reservation may incur a $5.00 change fee per site.
- 123 Campsites are reservable.
- 42 Campsites are first-come, first-serve.
- Rates are based on up to 8 guests per site.
- 3-night minimum for Memorial Day & Labor Day holidays.
- 2-night minimum for any weekend and for the 4th of July holiday.
- Reservations will be charged a $12 non-refundable reservation fee per site.
- Cancellations must be made at least 4 days prior to your arrival.
- Triple Site No Hookups’ reservation fee is $24. Call (541) 967-3917 for more information.
- Group camping reservations can be made only by calling the office.
- There is a daily usage fee for all moorage. You will also be able to reserve your moorage by contacting the Parks Department at (541) 967-3917 or by sending an email.
- Extra vehicle fee of $7.00 per night. Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- Please remember, if you are in a tent, keep all food in secure containers due to wildlife
- Please be aware that you will forfeit your first night camping fee if you move from your reserved campsite to a first-come, first-serve campsite.
- Check-in: Check-in is anytime after 2:00 p.m.
- Check out time: Check out time is 12:00 p.m
- Day use: Reservable covered shelter (Please call our office to reserve)
- Boat Ramp Information: Open year-round. Summer Ramp Levels: 613 to Full Pool that is 637
- RV Site (water/electric) | 132 sites | $32/night $7/night senior discount
- Single Tent or RV Site (no hookups) | 10 sites | $26/night $5/night senior discount
- Double Tent (no hookups) | 7 sites | $52/night $10/night senior discount
- Triple Tent (no hookups) | 3 sites | $78/night $15/night senior discount
- Moorage | 40 slips | $10/night|
In addition to the boat ramp, Sunnyside County Park offers boat moorage for campers!
There is a daily usage fee for all moorage. You will also be able to reserve your moorage by contacting the Linn County Parks Department at (541) 967-3917 or send an email.
McDowell Creek County Park is only 6 miles from Sunnyside County Park and offers hiking trails, natural paths, and beautiful waterfall viewing.
Two stocked fishing ponds are located between the A-Row and B-Row camping areas. The ponds are easily accessible from the day-use parking lot off of Quartzville Road. The ponds a great place to relax, kayak, and teach the grandkids how to fish. Smallmouth Bass and Rainbow Trout are just a cast away!
This popular hot-spot is great for picnics, swimming, fishing and just about all water sports. Bring your jet-ski, boat, swim floats and fishing gear for a great day on Foster Reservoir.
The dogs will love Sunnyside County Park too! The off-leash dog walk allows your four-legged family members the ability to run free, play fetch, roll and exercise without all the constraints of a leash.
Dog owners should exhibit courteous behavior or good “petiquette”. Dog waste bags and garbage cans are provided to help keep the facility clean and safe for everyone. When your pet is not in the off-leash pet area, please keep your dogs leashed and attended at all times.
Fish cleaning stations, dump station, showers, picnic shelters, group picnic shelters, playground, and volleyball courts are all part of the park. We have two covered reservable picnic shelters and one reservable picnic ring. **Shelters can be reserved, by calling our office to make reservations. Please note that a special-use permit request form is required for dunk tanks, bounce castles and inflatable slides.
Green Peter Reservoir spans over 3,720 acres of water and camping recreation. It is operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers and is only nine miles up Quartzville Road from Sunnyside County Park. For more information about Foster and Green Peter Reservoirs, call our office at (541) 967-3917.
McDowell Creek County Park Waterfall Hiking Trails will reward you with the beautiful vistas of Royal Terrace and Majestic Falls from the bridges and viewing decks along the trails of this lush green park. McDowell Creek County Park Falls has several different levels of hiking, some more strenuous.
Linn County’s 66-mile Oregon Scenic Byway. This picturesque route travels from the rich farmland of the Willamette Valley, along and across the Calapooia and South Santiam rivers into the thick forests of the Cascade Mountains. For more information on this historic journey contact U.S. Forest Service in Sweet Home or go to Sweet Home Chamber of Commerce.
Covered Bridges Tour Oregon has more covered bridges than any other state west of the Mississippi. Many of the covered bridges are concentrated in the Sweet Home area. For more information about all the covered bridges in Linn County go to Covered Bridges of Oregon.
Lewis Creek County Park located on Foster Reservoir, this 40-acre park is a haven on hot days for swimmers and those who enjoy a relaxing picnic. With boarding floats, moorage, picnic areas, beach area, water skiers and boaters find Lewis Creek to be the ideal spot for a day out on the lake. For more information on the park go to Lewis Creek County Park.
Oregon State Marine Board Learn about the Marine Board’s FAQ revenue sources and how we work for Oregon’s boaters.