Camping, Group Camping, Boat Ramp, Hiking, Showers, Picnicking, Group Shelters, Playground, Restrooms, and Drinking Water
John Neal Memorial County Park
Trails, rafting, floating, fishing, and more!
Park Location – Located outside Lyons on the North Santiam River.
Park Usage – Open April to September
Fishing, floating and rafting on the wild waters of the North Santiam River are the main attractions for visitors to this 30-acre park. While camping or enjoying a picnic at John Neal, visitors can search for the park’s abundant wildlife on trails that wind through wetlands and beaver ponds. Explore, fish, and raft the Santiam River and take advantage of early spring or fall camping while enjoying the quiet atmosphere and wildlife.
John Neal Memorial is closing on September 26th, 2021 for the season.
Reservations must be made at least 4 DAYS PRIOR to arrival. Any cancellations will become first-come/first-serve, that ONLY can be rented at the park. Please do not contact the office for first-come/first-serve sites.
- 21 Campsites are reservable. Sites that have not been reserved will be first-come, first-serve.
- 3-night minimum for Memorial Day & Labor Day holidays. 2-night minimum for all weekends.
- Extra vehicle fee of $7.00 per night. Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- Please note if you are trying to reserve with in 4 days of your arrival the map will show all campsites not available.
- Reservations: All reservations can be made up to a year in advance, but no later than four days prior to your desired arrival date.
- No hookups sites (capacity 8 people) | $26/night + $12 non-refundable reservation fee
- Group Camping Area, 12 sites (capacity 100 people) | $250/night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee
John Neal Memorial Group Camp
- Includes 12 non-hookup sites in their own loop, sites: 25-36.
- $250/night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee.
- In the center of the loop sits a group fire ring.
[ To reserve a shelter call the Linn County Parks office at 541.967.3917 ]
- $150 non-refundable reservation fee | 50 person capacity
- Includes: 5 picnic tables, countertops, a stand charcoal barbeque, sink with running water and electric plug-ins
**Please note that a special-use permit form is required if you plan on any large structures such as; bouncy castles, water slides, stages, an event tent, portable toilets, etc in our parks. You will be required to provide insurance for these items.
Changes and Cancellations
- Cancellations of 4 nights or less will be subject to 1 day’s camping fee plus $12 reservation fee
- Cancellations of 5 nights or more no refund given on all days
- Group sites canceled more than 30 days in advance of arrival are subject to a $50 reservation fee. Group sites canceled less then 30 days in advance of arrival are subject to a $50 reservation fee and 1 day’s group camping fee.