Camping, Group Camping, River Access, Hiking, Picnicking, Group Shelters, Playground, Restroom w/showers, and Drinking Water
John Neal Memorial County Park
Trails, rafting, floating, fishing, and more!
Park Location – Located outside Lyons on the North Santiam River.
Park Usage – Open April to September
Fishing, floating and rafting on the wild waters of the North Santiam River are the main attractions for visitors to this 30-acre park. While camping or enjoying a picnic at John Neal, visitors can search for the park’s abundant wildlife on trails that wind through wetlands and beaver ponds. Explore, fish, and raft the Santiam River and take advantage of early spring or fall camping while enjoying the quiet atmosphere and wildlife.
John Neal Memorial is now open for the 2022 camping season.
John Neal will tentatively close on September 25, 2022.
- 10 sites with water hookups, 13 non-hookup sites, and a group camp with 12 non-hookup sites in their own loop.
- Sites that have not been reserved will become first-come, first-serve.
- 2-night minimum for all weekends.
- Extra vehicle fee of $7.00 per night. Extra Vehicle classification chart.
- Reservations must be made at least 4 DAYS PRIOR to arrival.
- Campsites can can be reserved up to one year from arrival date.
- Non-hookup site: $28/night | 8 people /1 RV/ 2 tents
- Extra vehicle: $7/night
John Neal Memorial Group Camp
- Includes 12 non-hookup sites in their own loop, sites: 25-36.
- $300/night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee.
- In the center of the loop sits a group fire ring.
[ To reserve a shelter call the Linn County Parks office at 541.967.3917 ]
- $150 non-refundable reservation fee | 50 person capacity
- Includes: 5 picnic tables, countertops, a stand charcoal barbeque, sink with running water and electric plug-ins
**Please note that a special-use permit form is required if you plan on any large structures such as; bouncy castles, water slides, stages, an event tent, portable toilets, etc in our parks. You will be required to provide insurance for these items.
- Reservation Changes & Cancellation Policies:
- Cancellation within 14 days of scheduled arrival will be refunded all but reservation fees ($12) and the 1st night camping fee.
- Cancellations of overnight stays made 15 or more days in advance of your scheduled arrival date will be refunded all but the reservation fee ($12).
Reservations of six or more nights:
- Changes to your arrival date will be charged the nightly rate plus a $12 change fee. No refunds will be given and all fees for overnight stays will be retained.
- Early departures: Shortening of the departure date will incur a $12 reservation change fee. The nightly camping fees for the night dropped will be refunded.
- There are no additional fees to extend your arrival or departure date.
Group site cancellation:
- Cancellations made 31 days or more in advance will be refunded all but the $50 reservation fee.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of arrival date will be refunded all but the $50 reservation fee and 1st night camping fee.