Cascadia County Park
48241 Cascadia Dr. Cascadia, OR 97329
Located at the confluence of Soda Creek and the South Santiam River, Cascadia County Park has a rich native American and pioneer history, set within the lush confines of western Oregon's beautiful rain-forest.
Cascadia County Park has begun taking reservations for the 2023 Camping Season
Cascadia County Park has select sites available for reservations for the 2023 camping season.
Cascadia State Park is now Cascadia County Park
The transfer of ownership of Cascadia Park from Oregon State Parks to Linn County is now complete. With that transfer, Linn County Parks will now be adding Cascadia's campsites, group camps and day-use areas to the Linn County reservation system. Beginning October 1, 2022, Cascadia visitors will be able to reserve campsites for the 2023 camping season.
Park Location – Hwy. 20 east of Sweet Home, Oregon on the South Santiam River
Park Usage – Open from May to September
About the Park
While the park is quite large, there are twenty-two first come, first served campsites, making this a great spot for an intimate getaway. The campground, group tent sites, and east picnic area are open beginning of May to the end of September. The west picnic area is open year-round.
A three-quarter mile trail leads to the spectacular Soda Creek Falls. A newer trail ushers you through historic Douglas-fir trees along the South Santiam River (a good place to fish and swim). Ruts from the historic Santiam Wagon Road are visible in the park (the trail was used as a military route in the 1800’s).
Cascadia County Park is now closed and will reopen in May of 2023.
Cascadia County Park will have select sites available for reservations beginning October 1, 2022, for the 2023 camping season. You can reserve online at LinnParks.com or by calling the Parks Office at 541-967-3917.
Check-in: after 2:00 p.m. | Check out: before 12:00 p.m.
Cascadia County Park will have select sites available for reservations beginning October 1, 2022. You can reserve online at LinnParks.com or by calling the Parks Office at 541-967-3917.
- 22 first come, first serve non-hookup sites (maximum site length 35 feet, 2 vehicle maximum)
- Two reservable group tent areas
- Two reservable group picnic areas with covered kitchen shelters and electricity
- Large open play meadow
- Off-leash pet exercise area
- Non-hookup site: $28/night | limit 8 people/ 1 RV/ 2 tents
- Extra vehicle: $7/night
Cascadia Group Camps: A & B
- There are two group camps at Cascadia: A and B
- Limit 2 RV’s, 6 vehicles, and 25 people per group.
- Each group is $100/night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee
- To reserve either group, call the office at 541.967.3917.
[ To reserve a picnic area call the Linn County Parks office at 541.967.3917 ]
Group Picnic Area A & B
- $50 non-refundable reservation fee | 50 people max
- Very shaded area surrounded by Douglas Fir trees
- Includes a kitchenette with electrical plug-ins and a water spigot
**Please note that a special-use permit form is required if you plan on any large structures such as; bouncy castles, stages, an event tent, portable toilets, etc in our parks. You will be required to provide insurance for these items.
Land was acquired from various owners between 1941 and 1980. The original purchase included the old Geisendorfer property with a soda spring and hotel site. Later, some property was exchanged with Timber Service Company (Hill Estate) for land at Cape Lookout. In the early 1900’s it was a well-known resort and watering spot.
- Acreage: 253.55
- Annual overnight attendance: 6,596
- Annual day-use attendance: 120,640