Cascadia State Park
48241 Cascadia Dr. Cascadia, OR 97329
Located at the confluence of Soda Creek and the South Santiam River, Cascadia State Park has a rich native American and pioneer history, set within the lush confines of western Oregon's beautiful rain-forest.
Cascadia State Park COVID-19 Operations
Cascadia State Park - Closing September 20, 2020 for the year
Please contact Linn County Parks for reservation and further detail. There will be additional mandated requirements to reserve and use group facilities.
When we do open here are some guidelines for visitors to consider:
- Potable water is now available.
- Public showers are open for limited hours and cleaned twice a day.
- Restrooms are open and will be cleaned and disinfected once a day. (Please bring your own soap, sanitizer and disinfectants for your safety.)
- Please stay 6' apart at all times; physical distancing is necessary to keep the campground open.
- Wear facial coverings when you interact with others..
- Be thoughtful of others on trails, boat ramps, and parking lots
Cascadia State Park Group Facility Reservations
Park Location – Hwy. 20 east of Sweet Home, Oregon on the South Santiam River
Park Usage – Campground is Open from May - September
About the Park
Cascadia is closing on September 20th, 2020 for the year.
The first thing that strikes you when you arrive at Cascadia is the tranquility. While the park is quite large, there are barely two dozen first come, first served campsites, making this a great spot for an intimate getaway. The campground, group tent sites, and east picnic area are open May 1-September 30. The west picnic area is open year-round.
A pair of hiking trails give you a chance to explore the area. A three-quarter mile trail leads to the spectacular Soda Creek Falls. A newer trail ushers you through historic Douglas-fir trees along the South Santiam River (a good place to fish and swim). Ruts from the historic Santiam Wagon Road are visible in the park (the trail was used as a military route in the 1800’s).
Tentative closing date September 20, 2020
Cascadia State Park Map
- 22 first come, first serve tent sites with water nearby (maximum site length 35 feet, 2 vehicle maximum)
- Two reservable group tent areas
- Two reservable group picnic areas with covered kitchen shelters and electricity
- Large open play meadow
- Off-leash pet exercise area
First Come, First Service Rate Type | Rate
Extra vehicle | $7
Group Tent | $71
Hiker-biker per person | $7
Tent site | $17
Reservable Facilities | Rate
Group Camp A | $71 per night; 25 people max
Group Camp B | $71 per night; 25 people max
Group Picnic Area A | $50; 50 people max
Group Picnic Area B | $50; 50 people max
Land was acquired from various owners between 1941 and 1980. The original purchase included the old Geisendorfer property with a soda spring and hotel site. Later, some property was exchanged with Timber Service Company (Hill Estate) for land at Cape Lookout. In the early 1900’s it was a well-known resort and watering spot.
Annual overnight attendance: 6,596
Annual day-use attendance: 120,640