Cascadia State Park
48241 Cascadia Dr. Cascadia, OR 97329
Located at the confluence of Soda Creek and the South Santiam River, Cascadia State Park has a rich native American and pioneer history, set within the lush confines of western Oregon's beautiful rain-forest.
Cascadia State Park Group Facility Reservations
Park Location – Hwy. 20 east of Sweet Home, Oregon on the South Santiam River
Park Usage – Campground is Open from May - September
About the Park
While the park is quite large, there are barely two dozen first come, first served campsites, making this a great spot for an intimate getaway. The campground, group tent sites, and east picnic area are open beginning of May to the end of September. The west picnic area is open year-round.
A three-quarter mile trail leads to the spectacular Soda Creek Falls. A newer trail ushers you through historic Douglas-fir trees along the South Santiam River (a good place to fish and swim). Ruts from the historic Santiam Wagon Road are visible in the park (the trail was used as a military route in the 1800’s).
Check-in: after 2:00 p.m. | Check out: before 12:00 p.m.
Cascadia single tent sites are only first-come/first-serve, done at the park. Please do not contact the office for first-come/first-serve sites.
- 22 first come, first serve tent sites with water nearby (maximum site length 35 feet, 2 vehicle maximum)
- Two reservable group tent areas
- Two reservable group picnic areas with covered kitchen shelters and electricity
- Large open play meadow
- Off-leash pet exercise area
Cascadia State Park Map
- Single Tent site | $17; 8 people
- Group Camp A | $71/night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee; 25 people
- Group Camp B | $71 per night + $50 non-refundable reservation fee; 25 people max
- Extra vehicle | $7/night
- Hiker-biker per person | $7
Cancellations and Changes
- Cancellations of 4 nights or less will be subject to 1 day’s camping fee plus $12 reservation fee
- Cancellations of 5 nights or more no refund given on all days
- Group sites canceled more than 30 days in advance of arrival are subject to a $50 reservation fee. Group sites canceled less then 30 days in advance of arrival are subject to a $50 reservation fee and 1 day’s group camping fee.
Bring own charcoal. To reserve shelters call the Linn County Parks office at 541.967.3917.
Group Picnic Areas, A & B
$50 non-refundable reservation fee | 50 people max
Very shaded area surrounded by Doug Fir tree
Includes a kitchenette with electrical plug-ins and a water spigot
Please note a special use permit is required for any activity other than normal picnic usage, special use or activities permits need to be approved by Linn County.
Land was acquired from various owners between 1941 and 1980. The original purchase included the old Geisendorfer property with a soda spring and hotel site. Later, some property was exchanged with Timber Service Company (Hill Estate) for land at Cape Lookout. In the early 1900’s it was a well-known resort and watering spot.
Annual overnight attendance: 6,596
Annual day-use attendance: 120,640